Tuesday, May 5, 2009

DON''T GIVE UP YOUR DREAMS

When we're growing up, I think we all visualize what our life will become. We'll be famous movie stars, singers, firemen, doctors, rich, etc. Sometimes that vision doesn't coincide with what happens and we give up on our dreams. When I was younger I wanted to be on the Olympic Equestrian team, I took lessons until I was about 13 and the financial reality of horseback riding took over and I had to stop. 2 years ago I started riding again and this past weekend was in a horseshow for the second time in 28 years. I was nervous but just tried my best and received 2 first place ribbons and 1 second place ribbon. I was overwhelmed and could not believe it. This accomplishment made me realize that it is never to late to rekindle some of your dreams. If I can do it anyone can! I may never be in the Olympics but I can still enjoy competitive riding.

As your children grow up, encourage their dreams as much as you can. If you have something you want to try for the first time or take up again - Go For It!!! Show them that anything is possible!

1 comment:

ChrisP said...

..."Stand up for what you believe in-even if it means standing alone."

~DREAM BIG~